Not The Way I Heard It
Performed by Chuck Neighbors
Jesus was the master storyteller. He used parables to capture the attention and imagination of his audience. He knew a good story was something we could relate to and make us think. He used these stories to help us understand the things of God. If Jesus were here sharing those parables today he might update them to capture the attention and imagination of our current culture.
In Not The Way I Heard It, actor Chuck Neighbors brings some of our favorite parables to life — familiar stories told in a fresh new way.
You will hear:
- The Parable of the Talents set in a psychiatrist’s office from a patient who is struggling with life after losing his job.
- The Parable of the Prodigal Son from the “other son’s” point of view as he communicates his feelings toward his wayward brother.
- The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard from a disgruntled employee trying to come to terms with the boss’s apparent favoritism.
- The Parable Good Samaritan from the victim’s perspective, as he discovers what it means to “love your neighbor as yourself.”
- The Parable of the Sower and the Seeds from a grandfather sharing the sorrow and joys of the differing paths his children have chosen.
In the same way the original parables encouraged the faith of listeners over 2000 years ago—this retelling will encourage your faith as well!
|Length:||Approx. 45 minutes|
|Themes:||God’s Love, Judgment, Hypocrisy, Forgiveness, Grace|
|Audience:||Teen through adult
Great for worship services, outreach events, dinner/dessert theater, retreats and conferences
“Thanks again for your ministry to me and Sunrise. It was well received and greatly appreciated. Your rendition of the parables in today’s setting was very enlightening. I thank God for the writing and acting gifts He has given you. May you continue to use them to glorify the Lord.”
Pastor Rich Sherman, Pastor, Sunrise Community Church, Sacramento, CA
Not The Way I Heard It Trailer